Planning our Easter Party with Hobbycraft
Every year I host an Easter party for our friends and their children. It's something we look forward to each Spring. I absolutely relish transforming my home and adding spring decor and thinking up fun Easter craft activities the children will love.
This year I am thrilled to have teamed up with Hobbycraft to help me throw the best party yet! Hobbycraft has long been my go-to shop for all things craft. It's packed full of the perfect resources to help you decorate your home for Spring and keep the kids entertained for hours over the Easter holidays.
With so much to choose from it's really made this year's party a doddle to plan, I've turned my dining table into an Easter wonderland, and created some simple craft ideas for the children to get stuck into. It was a straightforward process to order our chosen products from Hobbycraft's online shop, they arrived quickly and so this weekend the children and I gave them a trial run and we were thrilled with what we created.
Here's what we got up to.......
We ordered the Bumper craft tub which is great value at only £5 and includes some fabulous resources including, pom poms, eggs, buntings, felt and loads more. The children delved in and as you can see had so much fun!
This adorable organza bag of colour in hanging eggs is also the perfect craft activity for children of all ages. They come with assorted patterns for the children to colour in and create their own unique eggs. Dylan spent ages getting creative with them.
When I spotted these cute fillable eggs, I knew they would look perfect dangling from the Easter twiggy tree, which in it's self is a lovely centrepiece. The children loved filling them with yummy chocolate eggs.
The Easter Table
The dining table will be the centre of our Easter Party so I wanted to make it bright and appealing to the little guests. Here's how I achieved the look.
Easter party favour jars
I came across this idea on Pinterest and just couldn't wait to give it a go. I think they will make the perfect little Easter party favours for the children to take away with them. They really were so simple to make. Here's how I did it.
What I used
* The I drew around the wooden bunny shape and cut it out very carefully.
* I used normal pritt stick to glue the card onto the jar, I do have a glue gun but the Pritt stick seemed to work just fine.
* Finally I finished the jar off with a pretty pastel ribbon and filled the jar with Easter treats. My faves are mini eggs!!
This is a lovely simple way to create a classy Easter home accessory that will look lovely anywhere in your home, and its so simple to create. Here's how I did it.
What I used
* Round wooden slice (these would also make fab seasonal placemats)
* moss - I used some from my garden
* Glass cloch - my own but you can buy one here.
* glue gun
* I started by foraging around the garden for some moss (this wasn't hard as 50% of my lawn is currently moss!!) I then dried it out in a warm place.
* Next I glued the moss down, nestled amongst the bunnies and placed the glass dome on top, so simple, but very cute!
So now we are all set for our Easter party, we literally cant wait! Lucy and Dylan are so excited to show their friends what we have created and get crafty again when we throw the real party in the Easter Holidays
For those looking for even more Crafty ideas here's some more of my favorourite Easter Craft ideas from Hobbycraft, tap the pictures to take you straight to the products.
1) Create an Easter Bonnet, there are so many resources the kids can let their creativity go wild!
2) Design your own spring wreath, something young and old would love to do together.
3) Get sewing with this cute Easter sewing kit, perfect for older children
4) These wooden threading Easter shapes look so much fun and are also great for developing fine motor skills.
5) These mini pack of 4 suncatchers are fab and would also make lovely party bag gifts.
So there we have it, I hope my blog has given you lots of ideas on how to get crafty and create fun but beautiful Easter décor this year in your home. A huge thank you as well to Hobbycraft for making life a lot easier this year and providing the perfect array of craft materials to ensure anyone can have a go and get Hobbycrafting!!
Time to get crafting
This was a paid collaboration with Hobbycraft although all opinions and recommendations are my own.